THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    20 Tactical barrel for Encore rifle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20 Tactical barrel for Encore rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have barrels yet for the Encore in 20 TAC?

I think this will be my choice, over the 204 Ruger!
What I want is a 26 inch, Tapered, Matte finish barrel!

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Encore shooter but I'm guessing Bullberry either makes em or could make em. Great barrels from what I hear. If they don't try Virgin Valley I've heard their stuff is top notch also. You'll love the Tact.20. I've got a Pac-Nor super match 3 groove, they claim 3 groove barrels are easier to clean, (they are!) and the wider rifling holds up better and lasts longer,(we'll see!), very accurate, good price also. I don't know if any one uses Pac-Nor for Encores. Keep us posted.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, just went to Virgin Valley, they do indeed make a Tactical .20 . If your thinking about the 40 grainers (Hornady is coming out with a 40 grain V-Max, Berger makes 40's as well as all the neat customs) make sure you get the 1 in 12 twist. 1 in 13's a little faster with the 33 35 grainers but won't stabalize the heavier bullets as well.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies!

Anyone have the web site address for Virgin Valley! I can't seem to find it!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I use Google as a search engine. Put in virgin valley and it pops up. Their address is "www.virginvalleyguns.com". Let me know how it goes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys! I found the web site!

one of us
posted Hide Post
midway also has them listed.....
woofer

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote