Find
Notify
Tools

Howa you
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
picked up a nice Mossberg / Howa 1500 in 223. I'm thinking I'm gonna add an ebony Tip & Cap and some checkering and refinish. It's a bit heavy (243 size) action.

Posts: 6487 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've had several Howas over the years, and all have shot exceptionally well. Generally, the only thing they need is a bit of trigger work.

Let us know how this one does for you -- and do post a photo after you dress it up! The ebony tip and checkering should should very nice.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9410 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good in a basic way.
Is it really green looking?

Just wondering about the black forend tip fashon, I sometimes wonder where and how it started, and whether it is supposed to have any use. The Weatherby style different wood looks dressier to me. My M70 looks like it was painted on.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Good rifles for sure. I just picked up a 257 Weatherby Vanguard (Howaby) and it too is heavy. A number 2 contour barrel at 24 inches certainly adds to that. If it shoots as well as mine I know you'll be very happy with it.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Bad color. It's on the kitchen floor with flur lighting.

quote:
Is it really green looking?

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
better pic

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Howa 1500 in .270 Win. My dad shot a Howa 1500 in .243 for years. If yours shoots anything like those two do, you'll love it! My .270, if I do my part, shoots little-bitty teeny-weeny groups (like .5-ish MOA) all day long with 130 grain Sierras, and that's out of a light sporter barrel and no modifications at all. Definitely want to hear how yours does at the range!! thumb

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

Posts: 411 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 10 September 2007Reply With Quote