Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 cal Norma Oryx 53gr
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone tried these yet. I was hoping to load them in a 222, but have found little info about this bullets performance on game. Hoping that it will work well in a 14" twist barrel.

Thanks,

Blake

Posts: 62 | Location: Sugar Land, TX | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK this is a bit of an educated guesstimate but here goes.

Norma being a Swedish company they are likely designed to work well in that most Swedish of 22 centrefires the 222 (Sweden will probably have the longest lived population of 222s as everyone else goes to 223). The 222 being allowed for roe deer over there and the oryx being a bonded but quite quickly expanding bullet would make me think it was an excellent choice for roe stalking in the 222rem. As the CIP twist for 222 is 1 in 14" I would think it would be accurate - a clue is that the weight is 53gr not 55gr - the reduction might be to assist stabilisation (unless it's just a metric conversion issue but previous Norma offerings have been 55gr)

Generaly I don't like premiums in 222 but this should be excellent. Might have to try a box in my 5.6x50R

posted Hide Post
I hope your guess is right. I'm going to try them and post results here.

Blake

Posts: 62 | Location: Sugar Land, TX | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recently I tried the Barnes TSX 45 grain in my .222, it shoots very well and to the same point of impact as the 55 grain Sierra GK bullet. It killed two roe deer this summer, no complaints at all.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote