THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    OLD ,MILD,& GOOD (G&A Annual 1996)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OLD ,MILD,& GOOD (G&A Annual 1996)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
John Barsness talks about 250sav,257rob,6.5x55, 7x57.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of Ironic, that high goat shot! My whitetail buck was ranged at 280 yards and my 7x57 was sighted in bang on at 200 yards with 140 gr Barnes triple shock X, so I felt it necessary to hold right on the top of his back, and son of a gun thats where I got him, spined him.
Now my mule buck came on a stock where we had been watching a buck and some does moving up a huge coule and into one of the fingers they went, so off we went quickley in their direction. I found it very exciting to move quickly to the next finger, peer over the edge looking for ears, not finding any then quickly across the slope to the next finger, carefully looking over and seeing ears, but where I was in relation to where the sticks were set up I couldn't see the buck.Got my 7x57 on the sticks and as I dialed the scope back to 3 power and slightly panned to my left there he was, close looking right at me, kind of quatering to me with his head turned looking at me. This all happened so fast that i neglected to hold a little lower on my shot, took him above the shoulder and the bullet exited behind the last rib. He went about 20 yards then rolled over on his back. Very large bodied deer, nice high 4x4 about a 28 inch spread. Pretty nice for my first mule buck. The Whitey the day before was my first one of those as well.
Was a helluva year for me and my 7x57. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote