New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester M70 Coyote
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been looking at the Model 70 Coyote for a while and considering getting one when they become avalible in .243 WSM. Has anyone had any problems with ths model rifle?

Posts: 101 | Location: Reedley California | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Did you mean .243 WSSM? I got mine in .223 WSSM and it's a shooter. No problems to report of any kind. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I own one & it is junk! I have shot about 300 rounds out of it, various loads, and it groups 2.5-3" MOA.

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Mine in 243 is extreamly accurate. I often can keep 5 shots inside .5". I do get the one flyer often but it only stretches the group out to about an inch.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
boilerroom, I picked up a 243 Coyote in a trade a while back and haven't come up with a good load for it yet. Mind sharing yours ? Ben

Posts: 32 | Location: EAST COAST | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
85 gr. Sierra HPBT, cci 200, Varget-38.5 gr., Rem brass.

70 gr. Sierra Blitzking, Win WLR, Varget 41.5 gr., Rem brass.

The 85 gr. load is a little slower but I get one hole groups often.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Win M70 Stealth II in .243 WSSM. Just finished barrel break in/scope sight in, and was very pleased with the accuracy so far. I used a black 3/4" target paster as my aiming point. The rifle grouped about 1 1/2" at 200 yds with Win factory ammo. The 55 gr.balistic silvertip supreme(that's all the the store had). Chronographed 4222 fps average with an extreme spread of 57 fps and standard deviation of 17 fps. I had a smile on my face for quite a while that day.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote