THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .224 60g. partitions who has used them?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.224 60g. partitions who has used them?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was looking to get some info on the 60g. partitions. What have you shot with then, whow did they perform, who well do they group, and are they worth while?

Thanks

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
Shot some a long time ago and they didn't seem to be accurate as the solid base bullets by the same maker. Think that any 60 grain bullet will do a good job varmints and target and be more accurate. Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
They were reasonably accurate, out of my k77 Blaser single shot, in 5,6x50R.
Muzzle velocity was arond 3,350 fps.
I used them on roe deer and on a large wild boar, and I did not like the way they performed, as they would pencil through with very little expansion. On a Swift or 22-250 things might have been different, though.
A conventional SP behind the shoulder produced much faster kills.
montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thankls. That is pretty much what i was expecting but you never know and though I might be missing out on something.

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote