THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Rifle picture posted for Thomas Jones

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle picture posted for Thomas Jones
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Thomas Jones asked me to post this for him, I'll let him narrate when he posts after me.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to snelstrom for posting the picture for me ! this is my Custom low number Springfield .257 Roberts. It is a 1905 action with a timney trigger and a 24 inch Douglas barrel.
I have fired a couple very good groups with it so far,Just playing with bullets and powders. the stock is clario walnut and the picture really does not do it justice, I have plans to have it checkerd and the smith who built it.(H&K gunsmithing in Forest grove Or.)is going to blue a new striker for me cause I like the mushroom.
I shot off the hood of my truck at 112 yards this last weekend amd was gettin MOA to MOA and a half in a strong wind with 100 grain tripple shocks and 110 grain Accubonds.
I think I can do better, as I put a few rounds through my buddies 375 H&H First and my teeth were still ratteling when I shot the Roberts. Think I will take it to the range this weekend and see how it likes a little hotter loads and mabye some H-414. Its a sweet hart and I love her already. ...tj3006
...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wanted to try to get some coments on this stock...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Definitely a big thumbs up..

I am envious...

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
she''s Beautiful, you found a very talented smith!!! thanks 4 posting clap regards jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments gentelmen !
I agree he is a good smith. And the guy who checkers for him is also excelent ! unfortunatly for me he works as a logger when the weather is good so it likly will wait till next fall for the finishing touches...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The stock is beautiful.. I like the light color

Rich

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where picture go?

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote