Find
Notify
Tools

17 Remington Fireball
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted
I see Big Green has introduced the 17 Remington Fireball for their CDL limited edition. Is this just a necked down 221 Fireball?

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its on a fireball case, but it's unknown yet just how close it will be to the 17 mach 1V, and whether or not you can use mach 4 dies etc. has to get along a bit further yet

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the thread in Varmint Hunting; side by side pic of a 17 MIV and the 17 Fireball.
The 17 FB data indicates a slightly longer neck (0.020"), and it may be a bit larger in case neck o.d.
Hard data should be out this week (SHOT Show starts Thurs in Orlando).

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on the Model Seven CDL to become available in this caliber. According to "Big Green's" website the .17 Fireball will be available in this model. The barrel is 4" shorter than the CDL SF Limited. I hope this doesn't effect performance too much for it makes for a much handier rifle in my opinion.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote