THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    80gr bullet for 22-250 need load data

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

80gr bullet for 22-250 need load data
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of AAdams
posted
I am loading for a savage model 10 i want to load 80gr nosler competiton for this gun the.Does any one have a favorite with this.thanks for your help.

Posts: 117 | Location: Rock Hill, S.C. | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I understand the new Sierra manual has load dope for this combination. If I remember right, 4350 was a favorite.

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What twist rate is your Sav? Out of a 223 Rem, the 80's require at least a 1:8, preferably 1:7 twist.
It seems well proven that many cartridges could benefit from faster rates, with no adverse effects. Slowly happened in the 223, but others are still handicapped.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
My .223 Savage (1-9") shoots the 80's passably well and the 75's VERY well, despite many people telling me that's impossible. Dunno what the spin is on the Savage .22-250's but one of my "someday" projects is a 1-8" .22-250. Woo-hoo!

Not to hijack the thread .....

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
... and a bullet designed for 1:9 twists is the 77gr Sierra. As to the 75's, for many it's the 75bthp Horn that will shoot in the 1:9's, but the 75Amax needs a faster twist. But certainly there will be rifles that shoot "on the edge" of what others say is an absolute.
But 22-250's normally run a 1:14....a 1:8 or 1:10 would be great!

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to Steve's Pages. com. He lists several loads for the 80 grain bullet. He is a wealth of information. You need to add him to your favorites. He answers a lot of posts on reloading.

Posts: 43 | Location: redwater, tes | Registered: 08 August 2004Reply With Quote