New
Find
Notify
Tools

12BVSS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a new Savage 12BVSS in 22-250. I am having some trouble and am looking for any info you guys may have. If I remove the front bolt that holds the stock on the stock comes about 3/8 of a inch off the barrel and it takes about 25 lbs. of preasure to push the stock back down...
Has anyone else had this problem ???
I am thinking about skin bedding the action..
Can you tell me if you think this will help??
The factory pillars are set below the wood so they are not amounting to much..
The rifle will shoot .500 groups at 200 yds. but as the gun cools down I have to keep moving my sight....
Well if anyone can help me Thanks........

Posts: 70 | Location: Lyndon Vt. USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 12bvss in 22-250 and had the same problem. The way I solved it was to replace the pillers. I know most people would say the bedding job is only half done without glassing it in but I am averageing .650 10 shot groups.

Posts: 56 | Location: WV | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed the same thing on my 112BVSS. Take a look at the rear pillar - it is cut away at the rear. So as you tighten that screw the pillar makes contact at the front side of the screw and forces the front of the action and the barrel upwards as you continue to tighten it. The pillars on mine appear to be below the wood as well, but if you look at the pillars and the action, you should be able to see the contact areas - I know I can on mine.

Posts: 178 | Location: Pearland, TX | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote