New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 grain v-max?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone load the 35 grain v-max in a 22-250? Just for fun, I am trying to see how high I can get the chrony to read. I've tried them with rl-10x and IMR-4064. Anybody got any ideas for speed?

Posts: 100 | Location: anchorage,alaska,USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
itll blow the living hell outta ground hogs i just bought a 204 ruger and my ammo is accutly clocking a bit faster than advertized at 4290-4300. man dose it do a job

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have. 4700 to 4900 fps. However lack of aerodynamics of the bullet don't look at it as a long range bullet. The most interesting thing to me about the 35 grain VMax is how it can marvel me, that just 5 more grains additional and what a vastly superior bullet you have from multi manufacturers.

At 4000 fps or so out of a 223, with a 1 in 8 twist It was fun to watch it vaporize into thin air at about 15 ft in front of the muzzle.

Besides that, they must be useful for a hornet, but anything else they are a waste of time in my book.

Cheers and Good shooting, ( especially if you are shooting at Mortie).
Seafire

( NO one hit him, just dust him off a little bit is fine. We don't want to hurt the guy after all)

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote