THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Need a Varmint Rifle. Which 223???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Varmint Rifle. Which 223???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage Long Range Precision Varminter! But it's a heavy rifle so I would use a bipod and set myself up in a good spot and glass the area and wait. My LRPV is a 1 in 7 twist and I'm developing a load using 80grn Sierra Match (when I can get them in Sydney Australia).

55grn, 69grn and 77grn shoot really well. As a matter of fact the competition benchrest guys at the range I frequent suggest "It's not a benchret rifle but it's a very good varmint rifle"

Posts: 161 | Location: Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Dont know if these are awailable in the US but Sauer are among the finest factory guns i have tested.

The Wolverine might fill you needs nicely thou it might be a bit on the heavy side..
http://www.sauer-waffen.de/showpic.php?file=uploads%2Fp...6c11ff4b432acb05cec4

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote