THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Question On New Browning A-Bolt II

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question On New Browning A-Bolt II
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased an A-Bolt Composite stalker in 243 winchester for my kids to use. After all the sighting in and shooting I proceeded to trigger adjustment. I changed out the spring and noticed how cheap made the trigger was it appeared to be plastic. After I reassembled I checked the pull and it was about where i like it for hunting a reasonable 2lb 6oz. I checked it to make sure the safety was working properly and noticed when it is in safe position the trigger will engage and click but will not engage the firing pin you just have to cycle the bolt to reset trigger, is this normal on the new a-bolt II, I have had several a-bolts over the years and don't recall them being like that. I guess it eliminates you from breaking the plastic trigger??? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
sound like its droping off the sear?
does it fire when you move the safty to fire position?

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea everything works fine, it shoots fine, it may suppose to be like that I just wanna be sure that it is safe before I let my kids use it. It will not fire with the safety on so I guess it is working properly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took the rifle back apart to study the operation more, after further investigation there is no way it can fire with the safety on. there is a lock pin that engages when you move safety to the off position that locks the firing pin through the bolt. Hivelosity you were right about the trigger dropping off the sear, I assume this is normal because thats what is happening. Thanks for info on this subject.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Iwould be conceerned try bumping the stock with a sharp rap from your hand after you have pulled the trigger with the safty on and then off see if the firing pin drops??
I dont think it should drop off the seat.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took another gun apart and looked at it really close and found that the screw the engages the safety lock was backwards, it was like this from the factory because i put it back exactly like it was when I changed the spring, i just never checked it before I changed spring, this thing must have been built on Friday or Monday. It will go in either side but just doesn't work correctly.