New
Find
Notify
Tools

5mm craig?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How much does it cost to have a 5mm rem rifle converted to a reloadable craig? Does anyone have one here? Worth the trouble? Im just looking for something a little different and cheap here. Thanks.

Posts: 356 | Location: Lansing, MI | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots and the rifle to begain with in most likely not strong enough to handle it. The 5mm rems had trouble with strenght to begain with. If you want a small wild cat a 22 hornet in 20 or 17 is the way to go.

Posts: 19610 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have five of the 591 592 all converted to 17sq. two 17 hornets one 5mm crag.I am building a 17 5mm. I feal the 591 is aveary strong act. Calhoon of MT.is converting 5mm to 19 calhoon hornet.His phone is 4063954079.Schroeder Bullets is making bolt conversion for the 5mm.His phone is 6194233523. He gets 125.00 for a bolt head he also has brass. It will cost around 200.00 to do this progect. If I can help in any way email patclem2@yahoo.com Ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I may be sticking my neck out here and getting this wrong, and if I am I apologise in advance
but, I have a pal who has several of these type of conversions and if you go here 5 mm craig etc and search for a bit I think you may be pleasantly surprised. I have got to stress though that I have no first hand knowledge, but, I would not doubt the word of my friend who first told me about these conversions, I believe there are two available but I can't remember the name of the other one.

I hope this helps

John

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote