THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Woodleigh 6.5mm 160 grain Protected Point Bullets

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodleigh 6.5mm 160 grain Protected Point Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Has anyone tried these or the 140 grain bullets from them. Iwould prefer the 160 since my new custom is being designed for the long heavies.

http://www.woodleighbullets.com.au/images/Woodleigh%20B...02006%20(insert).pdf

Pan down to the 6.5

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
iv been using 160gr 7mm woodlieghs for a while i havent shot a great deal of flesh with them but the ones i have shot bullet performance was flawless good expansion and penetration. in the old wet paper block test they out pentrated sierra and corelocts of the same weight and expanded to 3 times original diameter. i can also get them to do .75" at 100yds try them i think you'll be happy with them!!

Posts: 64 | Location: australia | Registered: 29 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Thanks sambar 1--

I hope to give these a try in both my new 6.5SE that is being made and my old 1903 Mannlicher-S. They will get a run on wild boar, and blk bear.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.333 OKH, my experience with M1903 Mannlichers has been, if the bullet is 160 grains, IT SHOOTS!!! Have not been able to say the same for lighter slugs.
LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote