New
Find
Notify
Tools

6x70R
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have practice with reloading and accuracy, of the new cartrige 6x70R from Krieghoff.

Thanks,Quattro. [Smile]

Posts: 33 | Location: munich, germany | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quattro,

Obviously not. I did see it in some manafacturers calibre choices and wondered what it was so thankyou for this.

IMHO it's about time someone introduced a mid range rimmed 6mm. This offering and the Freres seem extremely powerful - a 6x57R made from 6.5or7x57R brass utilising 6mm rem dies and a 6.5or7x57R shell holder would be just the ticket!

Now there's a thought, maybe I should get a custom barrel made for my little K95 when it comes....

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
Norma is building ammo using the Nosler Ballistic Tip

Aleko

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amended in the light of information in Montero's post [Wink] .....slinks off tail between legs [Embarrassed] ..... I thought it was Krieghoff's answer to the Freres [Roll Eyes]

[ 03-12-2003, 20:16: Message edited by: 1894 ]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 6x70R in its factory load by Norma and Wlfgang Romey is a very low intensity cartridge, which may be loaded into a shotgun using an insert liner.
I can't tell by memory what is its muzzle velocity, but it is very. so low that you may not expect any relevant meat damage.
montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norma factory load is a 85grs. Nosler Balistic Tip with 2640fps.
Wolfgang Romey load I don�t no.

Posts: 33 | Location: munich, germany | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand the idea behind this cartidges it's to fit the combination gun as drillings and vierlings ( three and four barrels ) you need a slim cartidges to have a chamber area not so big , it fit perfectly in a vierling as top 12/20 ga , under 9,3 x 74 /8x 57 RSJ , right 6 x70 R left 22 hornet .

Regards

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daniel's assumption is not correct. The new cartridge, a joint Norma-Krieghoff design (copied from the old 6,5x70R), was designed *exclusively* for insert barrels, not for combination guns as some earlier Bleistiftpatronen.

The cartridge has been heavily disputed among German shooters; some like it, while others lambast it and have related bad experiences with the initially used bullets, citing heavy meat damage. Apparently the bullets have been improved now. Field testing, as always, seems to have been left for the buyers :-(

Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One article about the 6x70R in a Swedish magazine was very positive. This writer had resurrected an old english rook-rifle by "sleeving", that is boring out the center of the old barrel and replacing it with a 6x70R barrel.

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine owns to rook rifles made by Holland&Holland and is looking into sleeving one of them with a 5,6x50R.
He's seen such an operation on a rifle H&H had for sale but price was outrageous and is looking for some 'smith in Europe who could do it.
Do you know any gunsmith who could do the work?
Thank you in advance.
Montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hans Englund in Klippan, Sweden:

http://www.algonet.se/~englha/indexeng.htm

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote