THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    A couple "old girls" about 80, 257 Robts

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A couple "old girls" about 80, 257 Robts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures of old Roberts, Ray can you tell the story about them?
Is the top one an Enfield? and the bottom a pre war M70 I'm pretty sure.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the top one is a Remington 30S dated 1935. the scope is a Zeiss Zeilvier 4x about the same vintage. The lower one is a Winchester 70 from 1937 (or 38). the scope is a Leupold Alaskan 6x.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you get to the point where they are taking up too much space in your gunsafe, I would volunteer to store them in a low humidity climate for you...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles - both of them.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Rem 30-S some years ago in 7x57, boy would I love to have that one back..Great old guns..Feel good and shoot good..Ive built several 404s and such on those old guns..The pre war mod. 70s are nice, and oh so smooth. I just swapped one to a member here for his pre 64 fwt..Old men get to the point that the fwt is about all they can pack, I done got there!! Eeker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have failed to buy Model 30s a couple of times and regretted it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous guns!

Just had a 257 Roberts built myself on an FN Commercial

Posts: 129 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 11 December 2013Reply With Quote