THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone here ever own a Remington 541T .22?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here ever own a Remington 541T .22?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted
Anyone here ever own a Remington 541T .22?
Walmart carried these in 2000 and I should have picked one up.
Kimber made a really nice one but there hard to find these days. I have never had any fascination with the 10-22.

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own a Remington 541T and it is a great little rifle. I do not understand why Remington discontinues some products. My 541T shoots great, looks good, and everyone who sees it thinks it is a nice rifle.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duke,

I've owned two Remington 541-S Custom rifle and currently have one. In my opinion one of the most accurate factory off the shelf rimfires made and that includes Coopers and whatever else you want to throw in the heap. You should definitely pick one up somehow as maybe through one of the gun auctions.

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
I have had two the the heavy barreled versions. Hard to find any rimfire rifle that will shoot better than these things do.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 841 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned one 541s and 3 541-t. One one of which was a 541-t HB.They were all very accurate rifles. Getting a little hard to find now and a little pricey too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got 541T and I almost got the HB when they came out.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I restocked a 541S for my daughter a few years ago. It's shoots lights out with most everything I feed it.

Posts: 44 | Location: s.c. WI | Registered: 18 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check with cmp - i think they have some to sell

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 541s, 541t heavy barrel, 40x standard and heavy barrel all shoot the same, GREAT!

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I bought a 541T Heavy Barrel the year they reissued them and when it came in, the scope holes were so off center you could see it with the naked eye. Several of us ordered at the same time and all had the same misalignment. They were sent back and Remington couldn't give a date when replacements would be available so I took a store credit. It was unfortunate and I'm sure they're normally good guns, but it was a while before I was tempted to buy another Remington product.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I purchased a 541T HB brand new and still have it. Its a very accurate well built rifle but I don't shoot it that much. Its probably only been shot 200 times since I have owned it. I much prefer on of my 10/22s as I hate working the bolt in a target rich environment.

Posts: 81 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I owned both a heavy and skinny barrel Rem. 541 T .I shoot the small bore silhouette game. Sold the heavy when I bought an Anschutz 54.18 sold, the skinny when I bought a Sako Finnfire .My Remington s would toss the first shot 1/4 inch at 60 meters . Yes they are good looking rifles , ok for hunting but, you don't see many at silhouette matches.
The Remington 541 S has a tighter chamber and is preferred over the T models

one of us
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time I owned 2 Remington 541-S, and a buddy owned 3 and several other friends owned them as we shot them in 22 LR Rifle Shilouette matches.

They would out shoot any other 22 LR rifle we tried, including any Anschutz, suitable for the metal animal matches.

Funny thing is most of the S [Sporter barreled models] out shot the T [heavy barreled models]...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a 541-S that is the only .22 I'll use for squirrel....If I miss it's not the gun?

Steve

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have 2 541 here.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68781 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
My 541-T is my favorite .22 rifle. I put a 3-9x scope and a Limbsaver pad on it which makes it very similar to my hunting rifles for inexpensive practice.

I got it at a gunshow a few years ago trading a Rem 700 classic in .375 H&H for it.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We used to call them the poor man's Anshutz for shooting 22 caliber metallic silhouettes. I like the heavy barreled sporter!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
What is the real difference in the 541S and a 581? Other than the stock and bluing.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I got a 541-S when they first came out. It has taken more prairie dogs than I can count. Shot ten shot groups under a dime when I sited it in with Remington and Tenex ammunition. Wouldn't trade it for any other rimfire.

Posts: 20 | Location: SD | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one. Very accurate, it's a keeper.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 581 is functionally the same as the 541. The 541 has three screws vs two in the 581. The 541 has the adjustable trigger, but the 581 trigger can be tuned to a decent pull. Of course, the 541 stock is nicely figured walnut with better metal finish and most of the 581 rifles have beech stocks. I'm too cheap to pay for a 541, so I watch the auction sites for 541 stocks and drop in a 581. My current 581/541 rifle is bedded with a 2 lb. trigger and shoots 1/2" at 50 yards with Wolf ammo.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote