New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage m-11 amazing accurate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I been wanting a 223 and my local gun store had a Savage M-11 for a good price.Stopped My wally world and picked up a boxs of winchester 45 gr.HP, mounted a Simmons 3x9 master series scope on it and hit the range. First 4 shot group 3/8" second group 3/4".I've never owned a Savage,always thought of them as beginner rifle.I was kinda blown away.I can see other Savages in my future.

Posts: 74 | Location: out west | Registered: 20 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two Savages; both heavy barrel, 223 and 25-06. Both have accu-trigger, both are great shooters. 25-06 is the most accurate rifle I own.

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I have a pre-accutrigger Model 11 in 22-250. I put a Rifle Basix trigger in it. It has always shot 1/2" MOA.

I also use a Model 14 American Classic chambered in 7mm-08 for all of my big game hunting here in Texas. It has gone to Africa for plains game and Canada for black bear. It shot sub-MOA out of the box.

Enjoy your Savage!

Bob

22-250 meets coyote.

7mm-08 meets hogs.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote