THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Hornady Interbonds and the 257 Bee

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Interbonds and the 257 Bee
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am trying to get 110 grain Interbonds to shoot from a 257Wby and just can't get them under 1.5" @ 100 with most loads in the 2 to 3 inch range. The rifle will shoot 90gr Sierras, 100gr TSX, 100gr Partitions, 100gr B-Tips, and 110gr Accubonds from .65 to 1.0 inch groups, and The Interbonds will shoot about an inch from a 25x284. Does anyone have a trick? Powders used are RL22, RL19, IMR 7828,4350,4831 and all lit with a Fed 215. Various seating depths have also been tried. The bullets are factory blems with cannelure, but weights and diameters are consistent and correct. Barrel is clean plus 3 foulers to start testing.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A .257 on a Bee case would be almost identical to the .25-20. Such a small case wouldn't be expected to hold nearly so much powder.

Referring to the .257 WeatherBY this way is too cute by at least half.

But to respond to your question: Some rifles simply shoot some bullets much better than others. If you tried several different permutations with the Hornady bullets and haven't found one to be satisfactory to you, then you simply need to concentrate your efforts on another bullet. But before giving up, if you have not tried varying seating depth then you might look at that factor.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Q
bout the only thing you have yet to try is a winchester primer. With all of the other bullets that shoot so well why so much concern over this particular bullet? FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The main reason is I got a good buy on these and I hate to have another pile (very big pile) of bullets that will never get used. The other reason is just the simple challenge of getting an interbond to shoot well from any Wby chamber. I think I may just be beat. I do have some Winchester primers and I guess I haven't tried shooting them backwards yet either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There may be a reason they were sold as "blems". Consistent weight and diameter have nothing to do with a concentric jacket/core.

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TX Nimrod, that was my first inclination, so I loaded a set and put them through a 25x284 and they shot MOA with a fairly high end load of RL19. I suppose I could have gotten lucky with those 5. I did load the best 3 loads, switching the primers to WLRM. I will see when it stops raining if it makes a difference otherwise I guess I have case forming bullets for the next 20 years.