THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Has any body had any experience with this rifle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has any body had any experience with this rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody had any experience with the Rem. 700 Titanium? It sure looks sexy and I like them light.

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
To bump this up for you, and to answer the question. Yes, I handled one in the Kittery Trading Post about two years ago. I was impressed with how light they felt, and was considering one for a time. I heard, but doubt, that the barrels were prone to fouling. All and all a nice rifle worth trying.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
I have a freiand that has one in 308 they are a neat rifle. Still my complaint with remington continues however, Safe on and bolt closed you can still aject ammo. I did by snagging the bolt handle while walking thru heavy brush. Emptied the magazine by the time I realized it had poped open. Thats why I dont have a remington anymore.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Emptied the magazine by the time I realized it had poped open.

bull

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in .260 that I have been shooting for about two years now. It has become my favorite deer rifle. It seems to shoot about anything I load for it, it really likes 130 gr. TSX bullets. Consistently 3 under an inch with a few groups down as small as .5". Mine is a keeper.
Nimrod308

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Carry it through the brush and brambles. See what happens. Once the bolt is open all it needs is another rough brush and it will start to chamber another round that will fall out as well. I mean if you heater hunt from your truck i guess its a non issue.I understand. me, I hunt in the woods therefor i hunt with a fire arm that loks the bolt closed when on safe. As for acccuracy however it did fine. No real Tack driver but it shot consistantly.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunz,
Now why would you think that Nim hunts from a truck?
I don't know what shoulder you sling you rifle from, but if you carry it bolt turned to the body I bet you problems would be over. I hunt thick cover and that is the way I carry my 700 and I have yet to have the bolt drop on me.

Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a lefty and I carry mine rifle forward on my right shoulder so that all I have to do is slip it off with my right hand and my elbow is already wrapped in the sling. Works really well for me as I need all the steady I can get.

Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell ya what gunz!! Joe Cool hunts in some of the worst terrain in the nation!! I know because I know him and WHERE he hunts as I hunt there too!! I have used Rem 700 and such for over 30 yrs and never had the bolt pop open and most of this was in Hawaii in the forests.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
I have one in 7mm08 for a mountain gun. I had the trigger lightened and took it to the range. It was so light I found it difficult to shoot well off hand and foundd the recoil startling. Yeah, I know, I shoot 7mm Mag and 30'06, but at @5.5lb.s I thought I could shoot the Ti better with a muzzle brake so I had a Gentry put on it. That made it a little muzzle heavy, easier to point and easier on me when I shoot it. Now the gun and I are much more accurate. It shoots 130 gr. bullets which are more than adequate for any whitetail, sika or blackbear I'm ever likely to see very well. I'm pleased with the Ti, but if I had it to do all over again I might have saved money and ended up with a gun weighing only a fuzz more without a brake if I'd gone with a stainless Featherlt. A-Bolt or Kimber in .260, 6.5x55 or such.

When I go through thick brush or climb a steep grade I carry my rifle across my chest, chamber empty, rifle butt below my right armpit, and the sling is fairly taught across my back. My hands remain free to use if I need them, but otherwise my left hand controls the muzzle and my right cups the rifle butt or carries a walking stick. This carry lets you see both end of the gun and gives you great control when the briars try to snatch it. If you stumble and go down, your hands and knees can brake the fall and the rifle doesn't whack you in the back of the head. I've never banged the scope carrying a gun this way.

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote