<JoeM>
posted
Hello
Consider the following rounds.
20 Tact.
20-222
20-223
20-223 AI

I am going to buy a barrel, the first two are "listed" reamers from Pac-Nor The last two I would have to rent them a Shawnie reamer, an additional 23 dollars.

What would the velocities and accuracies of the 4 be compared to each other? I have settled on one of these 4 because the cases can all be made from 223.

<TDinNDakota>
posted
JoeM: I just recently had a shot out 17 Rem. rebarrelled to a 20 Tact by Pac-Nor and am extremely happy with it. The barrel shoots better then I'm capable of and is extremely easy to clean. I've obtained 4325 fps with a 26" barrel. There's a pics of three different 20 Tacts and some loading information at the following website:

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/6mmackley/twentycaliber.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe,

With a quality barrel, good reamer and smith, there shouldn't be a nickel's worth of difference between any of them for accuracy. Using the .222 case will cost you a few fps, but should still get you to 4000 with the 33Vmax. Like TD, I have a Rem 700 / Pac-Nor Tactical Twenty. Trying not to sound like a salesman is difficult when discussing this rifle and round. I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of the choiced you listed.

Mike Johnston

Posts: 43 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
<JoeM>
posted
Cartridge chose, 20-223AI I just cant get over the neat look of that round.