THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Synthetic stock for Ruger RSL

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic stock for Ruger RSL
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Ruger 77 Mark II Ultra Light in 257 Roberts. Does anyone know of a manufacturer or supplier of a synthetic stock for these Lightweight rifles? Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same rifle,
I posted about it on this page just today.
I think you might call MPI stocks here in portland, they will build one for you. From scratch if need be. Mine shoots prey well, why do you want to change, Also i think ruger has a stainless synthetic version of the RL, you might call them...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
Ruger does have a RL synthetic stock for their LA's as they offer them in 270 & 30'06 in a SS/syn combination....dunno what they would cost out of the factory though. I am not too excited about the Ruger RL syn stock as it seems plasticy hollow/noisy and some I've seen have rather unsightly seam marks. The RL syn stock does seem to follow the wood RL stocks smaller lines and seems smaller than a regular FP stock does when compared side by side.
Depending on factory replacement costs I'd look into a better grade of Lite weight true synthetic stock IMO.
Ron

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Jones, I am having trouble getting the gun to shoot regardless of load. I floated the barrel with no better results. Very dissappointing because I floated the bbl's on my Mk II .280 and my older tang safety 7x57 with much improved accuracy.

So I think there is a bedding problem with the RL and I am a little spooky about doing a glass bedding job, but I do have a kit of Acraglas gel. I just was wondering if there were any companies making good after market stocks for these rifles so I wouldn't have to fool with glass bedding. I have a buddy or two who can help me with the bedding so maybe I won't botch it up too bad. I am thinking just to bed to recoil lug and the tang. I have noticed that when I begin to tighten the tang screw it pulls the trigger guard assembly down just a bit which is bound to bind the action up somewhat. So I am gonna do something cause I like that little rifle too much for it to be such a cruddy shooter.

Sometimes I want to sell it but you just can't get much for used rifles. Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote