THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Husquarna 1943 6.5 X 55 swedish

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husquarna 1943 6.5 X 55 swedish
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was thinking of picking up a Husquarna 1943 6.5 X 55 swedish for $300 or trading my 1899 carl gustafs(m96) 6.5x55 for it. is the husquarna comparable to the swedish m96?

Posts: 115 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I would pick it up.
I have one that I rebarreled to .257 Roberts. They are essentially identical except the Husky of that vintage probably has a solid left side reciever, no thumb cut. No advantage really one over the other except you said your Carl Gustafs was having headspace or chamber issues in the other post. The Husky has a sporter stock already I assume too. They will interchange all the same parts triggers, bolt, barrel, safety, magazine and bottom metal.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, i was thinking picking up the husquarna and hopefuly selling my problem carl gustaf to someone who would want to rechamber it.
I think i would fair better this way. no extra cost for gunsmithing. plus i have become quite fond of the 6.5x55 caliber.
Is the chamber of the husqy capable of handling higher pressure loads?
Now if only i could find a buyer for my gun.

Posts: 115 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I think their pressure ceiling would be similar but well equipped to handle all manner of 6.5x55's or .257 Rob or? Some have been chambered in .308, 270, 7mm-08 but I'm not needing any of that I'm happy running what I've got.
I have a sporterized Carl Gustafs in 6.5x55 and the Husky I mentioned in .257 Roberts, I really enjoy them both. Both of these rifles have cock on open and speedlock kits, Timney triggers, new bolt handles and one has a Gentry 3 position safety the other a 2 position swing safety of a the M70 style. I like these so much I will shoot them again tomorrow!

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Is the 1943 Husky one of the 1640 (HVA)type actions?

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am assuming the 1943 Husky is an M38. As such it is an Mauser 96 action, thus the same small ring action as the M96 and M94's. While the 96 action is regarded as the strongest of the small rings, it doesn't have the 3rd lug or gas handling features of the 98 so one must take that into consideration. That said, I have stoked various Swedes to significantly warmer levels without any issues.

If it's in all original trim, 300 is a very fair price (particularly if it has the bent bolt)

Eric

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a deal to me. I agree with Tahoe , in its origional trim its easily worth $300.

Posts: 96 | Location: central missouri | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote