THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Heym SR-30, anyone else shoot one ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym SR-30, anyone else shoot one ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been shooting my new SR-30 a bit and absolutely love it. It's a standard model in 6.5x55. Quick, nice handling, well built and accurate.

I'm just curious whether anyone else on here uses an SR-30, they seem to generate almost zero attention here in North America.

The rifle currently wears either a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 #4 reticle, or an Aimpoint 9000L, both in Heym swing mounts. The Swarovski Z4i 2.5-10x56 in the photo was a great scope, but was replaced by the Aimpoint as it is more practicle for my hunting purposes.

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters - It's the caliber of the man behind it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are not common here either. Most people want the change of barrels of a r93 instead.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot a few Heym SR30's and the Heym SR21's.

All have been very accurate.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I had an SR30 carbine in 35 Whelen and the accuracy and function was beyond reproach but that was the absolutely hardest kicking rifle I have ever owned. It was lightening fast however. A gunsmith friend shot it a couple of times and it gave him a very nice scope cut. It had the absolute best and quickest iron sights I have ever used. I believe they were ERA. The rifle was picked up at the factory by a Colonel who was stationed near there. Built to his specs. Have actually been sorry I sold it. Very unique rifle.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote