New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which do I buy??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A local store has NIB Ruger m77's for $425. They have a SS & Plastic 260 & a 350 Remington Walnut & blue..I have 3 custom 257's, 1 25'06,5 270's 2 7X57's 1 Custom 35 Whelen, 1 338'06 & 1 338 win. I have a NIB Nikon 2x7.. I know I have way too many guns but so what.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which do I buy??

All of 'em!!!

Keep repeating this thought: "I need more rifles - I need more rifles - I need more rifles"

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
all of them xxxxxxxxxxxxx2.....what the Ray i mean hay!!!! animal hillbilly really tom what ever one you like!!!.....but that 260 looks gooooooooooooooooooooood from here you know rainy day gun and all. rotflmo
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom, with your current battery, it looks like the 350 is a little more distinct--seem to have a few more rigs in that 260 zone---If you like the Rugers though, Ray's on to something--but I'd vote 350 for you......

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally think that that you need both, never have to many gun's, and Rugers at that.

6.5 SWEDE.

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your little scope would match up nicely on the 260. I don't own one but have shot my friend's 260 Rem. Mtn. Rifle in that caliber to kill a deer and punch paper. I really like it but own more Rugers than anything else. I don't hunt anything that requires something in the 350 neighborhood. Good price. Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy them both and have trading bait for later acquisitions..
don't think you could lose money at that price...

Posts: 184 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shoot, its a tuff choice !
I think I would half to decide based on the ss versus blue. I prefer blue and wood , but its a decent idea to have a all weather rifle in your collection.
I like both cartridges too. the 260 is probably easier to find componants for.
But the 350 is really a fast handeling powerhouse.
I would put an NEGC banded front and flip up rear back up on it. Set up a load with a 250 grain RN using the back ups , and use the nikkon for a pointed bullet load. Say a 225 grain TSX...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what do you mean - to many guns - you can never have to many guns. in fact when you go up to the pearly gates and meet st peter, if you don't have enough guns he'll send you straight down, because you obviously aren't having fun enough to get in

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
I wish I had too many guns . . . in fact, I'm not sure how many too many would be, but I'd like to find out. I love my Ruger 243 clap So, I'd have to vote for it, but don't think you'll go wrong with the other choices either. Smiler

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Well, the 260 is just a bit redundant, what with 3x .257 bobs in the safe! dancing

I'd have to go with with the .350 Mag. A short-stroke Whelen is a wonderful thing!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2316 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote