Find
Notify
Tools

POWDER MEASURE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FOLKS,
I just ordered a HARRELLS Premiun powder measure. I have heard nothing but good things about them so being in the market for a new measure I made the move. I also have a REDDING match BR- 3. a very nice tool & accurate. But the Harrell is suppossed to be one of the best so I spent an extra $ 60.00 for it.
NOW I read an article on " REALGUNS " that claims it is not any better than an RCBS . SO I'm wondering did I just waste money or will I be happy I did it.The Redding is good but is the Harrell more accurate-or easier to use or what ?? I know that all measures are tough with stick powders-how is the Harrell's
I no longer shoot in matches except a local FUN match & I shot from 22K Hornet to 30-06.
If anyone has any input on this measure -GOOD or BAD-please speak up !!!
Thank you.
SOUP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Harrells and it may not be "better", but I like it. In my notebooks I have a seperate column for click settings so I can find where to set the measure quickly. You could do the same thing with the micrometer attachment for the RCBS, but I like the culver type better than the RCBS mic.
When I first got my harrells, I found that I tapped the handle too hard, changing the settings. It doesn't like the larger stick powders very well, but I don't think any of them do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't frett, you will love it. I had a RCBS uni-flow at one time, also had several Reddings. Go use it and make up your own mind. Remember that this is the INTERNET, you can find all types here. Try it, then use your brain to make the comparison.
Sorry for the rant, Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote