THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Thought I would Drop In And Say Hi!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thought I would Drop In And Say Hi!
 Login/Join

<Todd A Kindler>
posted
I thought that I would take a moment and say hi to everyone at Accurate Reloading! It's been a very busy time at the Small Caliber News office getting the spring issue to the printer. This starts our 6th year and the spring issue is just packed with many "nuggets" of small caliber information. It will feature the 17 PPC, Moly Mileage, 20 Bobcat and much more. I hope that you will take time to join us.

With the 20 Tactical doing very well, we introduced the 17 Tactical last fall. It is pushing The Woodchuck Den, Inc. 30 gr. Gold bullet, which has a B.C. of .270 at 3900-4000 f.p.s.with incredible accuracy!  - It shoots as flat as some of the big 22 calibers to over 500 yards. This is all done with a lot less recoil and noise. The 17 Tactical has already proven itself on long range woodchuck and coyote hunts. It is an exciting long range 17 caliber.

Always shoot safely!

Todd Kindler
Editor, Small Caliber News
330-897-0614
www.smallcaliber.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I started a subscription to small caliber news a month ago and cant wait for the first issue to show up. Is the Woodchcuk Den ever going to offer barreled actions?

[ 03-07-2003, 08:56: Message edited by: Lucky Shot ]

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Todd,

Glad to hear all this good news!

Walter is blaming you for all the "little" ones I am shooting right now.

I am in the process of developing some loads for the 224 Weatherby magnum. And then I hope to try some of the newer light bullets in some of the old favorites - like the 223 Ackley, 22-250, 220 Swift and of course the 22-243.

You got to laugh at this.

Your favorite Chilian gunsmith was keeping an eye on me while I was turning some bullets for our 577 T.Rex our of copper rod.

I then wanted to try them with reduced loads, so loaded a few rounds. Walter was watching this all the time.

When we got down to shooting them, he flatly refused to fire a single shot!

What a bloody wimp!

After I fired the first shot, he said: "I can RUN faster than that bullet!"

I asked him to shoot one round, and he said:

"You must be kidding! You think I am stupid enough to shoot this monster?"

I said: "Walter, you watched me load every single round, and all of them have reduced charges. They don't kick any more than a 308 Winchester"

He said : "Saeed, if you put an air gun pellet in that thing, I will still refuse to shoot it! It scares me just to look at it! Anyway, I don't trust you. I am sure you will find a way of slipping me a full load"

It is a very sad day when your best friend does not trust you [Big Grin]

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Todd,

It is good to see you back, glad to hear of your inovations.

Saeed,

It is not that Walter doesn't trust you, it is that he knows you so well [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Todd A Kindler>
posted
Lucky Shot (I like that name!) We do not offer barreled actions, however, you can contact Douglas, Lilja or Shilen barrels and they can rebarrel your action. Also we have some really talented gunsmiths in our Small Caliber News magazine who could help you. Hope that helps.

Saeed,
I can't blame poor Walter (The Great Gunsmith!) as I witnessed first-hand the many nasty tricks with his ammo that if my memory serves me correctly you reloaded! He had an awful time sighting in his rifle with those bullets you drilled holes in! The poor man is just on the edge!

Paul,
Thanks for the kind words!

Here is a photo of the 17 Tactical and the 30 grain Gold bullets. I thought you would enjoy seeing them.

Todd Kindler-Editor Small Caliber News
330-897-0614
www.smallcaliber.com

-

one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd-- good to hear from you. Thought i'd let you know that Blaine Eddy's on [URL=http://www.Predatormasters.com--his]www.Predatormasters.com His screen name is Low Dog 1, and he's been giving 'em hell. He took a couple of dogs beyond 500 out of a wildcatted .17 PPC case, with your 30 Gold. Are you able to keep up with production on that bullet OK? I'm suggesting them to a lot of .17ers.

[ 03-13-2003, 03:25: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
sscoyote

Can you go in and edit a space in that hyperlink in your post?
It thinks the --His is part of the link and then the link blows up!
Just a thought!

LouisB
[Eek!]

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd,
sure am lovin the 20 t-n-t and the Tact20 and am helping some of the boys here in Boise Id. get theirs up and runnin. Between both of the 20's and that little 17HMR I'm putin up some real good numbers on them coyotes this year. May even break 150, time will tell but I'm on corse to.

Will call you with some tech questions monday, hope your in the office.

Smote the Yote
Slydog

Posts: 38 | Location: southwest Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tried it TC, but i'm not sure it worked.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote