THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    took my new cz 527 223 to the range today...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

took my new cz 527 223 to the range today...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
And just got out and measured 3 of my targets with the calipers...three groups in a row that measured .476, .520 and .456. And this was with the cheap winchester white box 55 gr stuff--$15 for 50! It feeds a bit rough, but the accuracy is certainly more than acceptable for a lightweight hunting rifle and I'm hoping it smooths up a bit with use. I'm also hoping it might shoot even better with some better quality ammo, but if not, I'm more than happy to shoot the cheap stuff ;P

here's apic, btw--has some pretty nice wood (pic doesn't really do it justice)

Posts: 217 | Location: upstate ny | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
that is some good shootin, be careful CZ's have a way of reproducing. That is some great looking wood also, wish my carbine had wood like that. If you want I can give you some simple easy tips on how to smooth up your CZ. my carbine was kinda the same way, now it feeds from the mag like a custom CRF dangerous game rifle.

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
haha thnaks--yeah, i already have a 452 22 that shoots pretty much the same way. And yeah I'd be interested in any tips to smooth it up--thanks! I figured there was probably something I could do. My brother's usually good at that sort of stuff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With groups like that, I'd have a hard time justifying the expensive ammo. Nice shooting!

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah, I have a feeling its going to be digesting alot of cheap winchester white box haha. Can't beat the price and thats certainly very satisfactory accuracy. I want to try a box or two of the better quality stuff just to see what its actually capable of, but I'll be stocking up on the cheap stuff.

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
the 50grn vmax black hills reman ammo also shoots great in both my CZ's not quite as good as the white box though, but the price is about the same. the 50grn will perform better on coyotes and such, use the white box stuff for small varmints.

There is actually quite a few things to do depending on what your gun is doing. first check the action screws if these are too tight it will cause the action to bind slightly, I just snug mine. next and prolly the most common is rough feeding from the magazine. I first polish the feed rails with jb bore paste, next. I have been storing my clips loaded with 5 rounds this relieves the spring tension on the clip and makes it so your bolt doesn't have to over come so much bind as the shell leaves the clip. this should help a ton

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of British
posted Hide Post
scubie02: Looks like a very nice piece of kit. May I ask what scope you have on top?

All mushrooms can be eaten, but some only once.

Posts: 325 | Location: Essex, UK | Registered: 12 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scubie02, That is a nice rifle and should make a lifetime hunting pardner, but not as good the one standing guard in the picture. jb

Posts: 411 | Location: Smack, in the middle of Oklahoma | Registered: 18 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hahaha yeah, my dog had to at least get his FEET into the pic ;P

The scope is a Leupold VX ii 3-9x40 with wide duplex reticle that I happened to have available, but it works well. For me I seem to actually do better without the uber magnification--then I just see every little wobble! haha