THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    New CZ 527 Stock ... wish me luck!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ 527 Stock ... wish me luck!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, I took the plunge and had my FFL dealer order me a fancy grade american walnut stock for my CZ 527 in the CZ 527 American style. The stock is directly from CZ-USA. The company keeps drop-ins in plain American Walnut, fancy American Walnut, English Walnut, Maple, Kevlar and Laminates. They are listed in the Accessories section on the CZ-USA website. I bought the Lux model and have disliked the stock ever since, though it shoots fine. With the humpback stock I have to hunt for the scope. My brother bought a CZ 527 American in .221 Fireball and that little baby is just drop-dead beautiful. I called Mike at CZ and he said there will be a tiny bit of inletting that I have to do where the rear sight band fits into the stock, but other than that it should be a good fit. If not, then it will be glass bedded. I wish my brother had not of brought that CZ 527 in .221 Fireball up here cause he just cost me some money. Don't know what I'll do with the old stock. Any suggestions? Anyway, I hope the new fancy grade American Walnut stock is just half as pretty as my brother's stock and I will be one happy camper. I feel better now that I have that off my chest. Have a good day all! Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the Classified section of this site; might sell w/o a problem!

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
7x57,

Send me PM with a price. I like the LUX stocks on the CZ527 for walk-around use.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I also think the LUX and carbine stocks are perfect for busting bunnies and other offhand shots. they just fit me

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to put a Kevlar stock on my .22 hornet !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
the kevlar stock is nice except the LOP is more suited to a little kid

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I got the aftermarket Fancy Grade American Walnut stock for my CZ 527 from CZ-USA and all I can say is WOW! It butt on both sides look like deep, rich, brown marble and there is figure all the way to the end of the stock too. The checkering is supurb with an actual border, no runovers and sharp diamonds. I will have to do some minor inletting where the rear site barrel band is located, but other than that it seems to be a good, tight fit. Mike at CZ said the reason CZ-USA began offering these aftermarket stocks is because the Turkish Walnut from CZ in Europe were hit and miss with the figuring. Some looked good, some were outright beautiful and some were as ugly as Pete's dog. My Lux stock is a good one. I just did not like the humpback. If anyone would like to buy it, the thing is for sale. One fellow said he would buy it and then he just disappeared into Neverland. It has been refinished with GB Lindspeed Oil and the action and first inch and one-half of the barrel has been glassbedded. The barrel freefloats. My problem with the Lux is I had to hunt for the scope and the Lux is made for iron sights. The price is $85 plus actual shipping. If no one wants it for that price I can always keep the thing for when I want to go out clubbing fenceposts with my CZ 527. My e-mail is writer@cia-g.com. Tom Purdom (7x57mm)

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Email sent, I'll take it... Nailiman....

Nailman...

Posts: 51 | Location: IL. USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nailman bought the stock. Thanks Nailman ... Tom Purdom