THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    223 Ackley Imp. Case Deminsions

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 Ackley Imp. Case Deminsions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm getting no answers in "Gunsmithing", so I'll try here.
Can anybody give me a web page or website that shows the case demensions of a 223 Ackly Improved case? I've been to just about every place I can think of with no luck. Need help!
Thanks, Godsdog.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try over at http://www.varminthunters.com/forums/wildcat/index.shtml

or cruise over to saubier.com forum

New "Small Caliber News" (qtrly mag)has a nice article on the 223AI, but don't recall seeing any dimensions/drawings.

Also check on some of the reamer sites, they may have the info available.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just make a phone call to a reamer maker, they will send you a print- problem is there is more than 1 opinion on the "correct" dimension.

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Godsdog,
I've been using the .223 AI since 1995. I have 3 now and working on the 4th. I have my own reamers made by David Kiff at pacific Precision Grinding. David is a great guy, very helpful and usually gives quick turn around. My recommendation would be to go with a .370 junction of shoulder and body and a .374 head. Make the throat fairly short unless you plan to shoot heavy bullets.
The reason its hard to find anything is because its a wildcat and so there are no standards..
I think you'll like the cartridge. I think its the most useful varmint cartridge on the planet. Good luck.
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote