THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    75 gr .224 Swift Scirrocci II

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

75 gr .224 Swift Scirrocci II
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i just purchased a box of these for my fast twist 22-250. i do not have the Swift manual. any one care to share some starting loads for the 22-250 and this bullet?

Posts: 97 | Location: maple valley, wash. | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
.. Sorry B B .I went to their site but couldn,t find a manuel ?? Nice looking bullets tho ..
I found out my 1in9 twist 223 won,t stabilize 70 gr TSX,s Confused....Now I need to figure out if I want to build a 1in7 twist rifle .... Hope you find the loads you are looking for ...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 1 in 9 twist should stabilize in a 22-250.

Posts: 656 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1:9 wont stabilize either.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my barell is a 1 in 8 and shoots the 80gr matchkings very well. i loaded some up with H4350 and will work up with 80 gr data. real starting loads cause there is a lot of bearing surface on the swift bullet.

Posts: 97 | Location: maple valley, wash. | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
almost forgot thanks, for the replies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 1/9 will stabilize a 75 a-max in a .223, why won't it stabilize a 75 grain swift in a faster round? Lot's of Savage .223's out there use them with 1/9 and they work great.

Posts: 656 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 223 Remington PSS 1x9 stabilizes the 75gr Swift Scirroco just fine.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
. What load do you use .. What velocity are you getting with this 75 gr bullet .... With the ballistic coeficent as high as it is .431 . I would sure like it if my model 700 VTR would stabilize this bullet ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot them with Varget. Getting 2960fps at 15ft. The 75 is really not needed as the best kept secret for a 224 hunting bullet is the 65gr Sierra. The 65gr Sierra is simply excellent for a hunting bullet.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
I,ll try a box , If they work ,great , if they don,t I can sell the rest .. @ 2900 fps or better with the .431 ballistic coefficient . that bullet would buck the wind real well and hopefully wouldn,t ruin pelts .. That was my hope with the 70 gr TSX ......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my test loads shot ok and pressure seemed reasonable , accuracy was ok but nothing special. 30-378 is correct on the 65 gameking. it is the best shooting bullet in my 22-250 so far. if it holds together as well as the 55 gameking it will be a winner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a load I shoot F class with in Canada out to 1000 that works quite well with 75gr VLD Bergers RL15 at 3000fps. I seated some 75gr Swift Scirocci II just off lands and shot them at 300y they stablized fine but will have to play with some loads as accuracy was not great about a 4.5" group. Like other member said they have a very long bearing surface. will try again with Varget & VT540 and Rl15 again I have driven the Bergers up to 3090fps but start to loose accuracy maybe the Swift will like the speed. will report back
manitou

Posts: 38 | Location: Ottawa canada | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote