THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    At the Range with my Swede Scout

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At the Range with my Swede Scout
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well it was 40 degrees out to day and sunny and not too windy. Took my Swede scout out With a couple of other milsurps. I just shot at 25 yards as I bore sighted the guns in looking through the barrel and only had a box each of ammo. I box of 6.5x55 reloads using Remington Brass, 140 grain Hornady bullet, CCI 200 Primers and 32.3 grains of 3031. One 5 shot group measured 0.698 center to center and the other group 5 shot group was one hole that measured from edge to edge 0.410. :grin: Needless to say I was satisfied with the reload and cannot wait to load more and shoot it at 100. I do need a different scope though on this one as the one I have mounted is a old Phantom pistol scope that as you can see works ok but it blacks out easy unless you stay really centered and it has a real small FOV only about 10 feet at a 100 yards. So it has to go. At least on this gun. Got to get more swede brass and load up more than 20 and shoot it at a 100. I might wait though until I get a easier to use scope on it. Jim

lib*er*al: `li-b(&-)r&l
Noun: a person so open minded their brains have fallen out

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. It sounds like your scout is a winner. I have three of the old M96 Swedish mausers in 6.5x55 and have restored them all. They were in fairly good shape to begin with. They're accurate buggers and with that 1 in 7 1/2" barrel twist handle the 140gr. bullets extremely well. Just don't get rid of it. They're becoming increasingly popular, and there aren't all that many around today. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cal Nope Won't get rid of it this one is a keeper! I had bought this a few years ago and I guess what I know now I should have never cut it. But that is water over the dam now and it does shoot well. It will make a dandy deer rifle. I took the Bushnell Phantom scope off of it and when I buy higher rings to clear the handgard base will install a 30MM Tasco Pro class 2.5x with the illuminated crosshairs you can turn on with a switch. I had this scope on a Mosin Nagant Polish 44 so I will have to find a other scope for it. The Phantom will be retired until I find something to put it on just to target shoot with. It may have been a good one in its day but better easier scopes to use are out there today. Jim

lib*er*al: `li-b(&-)r&l
Noun: a person so open minded their brains have fallen out

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote