tikka t3 lite stainless
winchester coyote
remington 700 bdl
im sure any of them will be a great rifle which would you
choose? thanks for any info
divr6347

one of us
posted Hide Post
The bad thing about asking a question like that is that everyone has an opinion, I vote for the BDL. However, you have chosen well, all are excellent rifles.

Posts: 411 | Location: Smack, in the middle of Oklahoma | Registered: 18 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like a cz varmint .243....and thats the way I would choose so there is another opinion thrown in for good measure

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After recently learning to adjust the trigger on a Rem 700 BDL Varmint VLS, I see them in a whole new light.
I am amazed at the difference in accuracy once I adjusted the trigger from " lawyer" standards, to shooter standards.

I'd prefer the Rem first, the Coyote as a very very close second and the Tikka as third. It is all a very close horse race.

The nice thing about the results that you get, is that you won't end up with a looser unless THAT PARTICULAR RIFLE, turns out to be a clunker out of the box.

Good luck with the one that finds its way home with you.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey guys
i have a t3 already in .270 so i kinda know what those are about the only remington that i have ever owned is the 710
never owned a bdl but the 710 was well ill keep to myself on that one!! lets just say it was an experience to own one
i have heard that the coyote is hit or miss some get 1.5-2 in groups and some get 3/4-7/8 in groups so im kinda leaning towards a t3 my only problem there is that they say to use factory ammo in it and tikka doesnt make factory ammo so whose is the best to use in one another opinion
question but hey its fun to hear the choices
thanks for he info guys
divr6347

one of us
posted Hide Post
divr6347...

What varmints do you plan to shoot? Do you plan to shoot in a stationary position, or carry the rifle often?

I can personally recommend the Remington 700 BDL, since I have several very accurate examples...which model depends on your purpose.

Posts: 120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
I use a Ruger mod. 77 .243 stainless varmint rifle and it's accuracy capability is better than mine.With the right load it is not uncommon to shoot 5 shot 1/2" groups.Using Blue Dot and reduced loads it'll do better as there is little barrel heating. I also have a really neat CZ 527-.222 with a qualiy level and performance that is outstanding. If their (CZ) .243 is as good that would be my first choice. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote