THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    blue in a 243 wssm or 25 wssm

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

blue in a 243 wssm or 25 wssm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody tried it yet? min or max loads? seafire can you help?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry,it should have read blue dot. me bad!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lenny,

I have not worked with either cartridge.. but with the same capacity as the 6mm Rem, or the 257 Roberts, I can tell you that max load should be about 24 grains of Blue Dot.. the shorter fat case might let you get away with a little more... but work up slowly, and also chrony it to make sure you are getting any more velocity...

not sure what you are expecting out of it, but in the 12 grain range to the 24, you can find some real useful velocities......

I wish I had access to both cases just to work up some loads for Them..... I thought for a while of doing a 6.5 WSSM.. but then, after getting ahold of a used 25 WSSM case, I found it had about the same capacity as the 260 Rem ( well a necked down 308 case).. and about the same as a 6.5 x 55.. so I saw need to build one since I have several rifles chambered in both cartridges...

ballistics also gave me nothing that my pair of 6mm Rems gave me.....when comparing the 243 WSSM ballistic tables...

I think because of that, that is why Rem didn't duplicate the effort with their version, like they did with the WSMs...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Just be careful. These cases are VERY thick, and you will be very close to full power loads by the time the necks quit sooting. HTH, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks sea fire, thats what I thought. I too see no real need for those calibers,but they are somebody elses.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:
thanks sea fire, thats what I thought. I too see no real need for those calibers,but they are somebody elses.

well its like anything else.. once you have them, they all go booom...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote