New
Find
Notify
Tools

My latest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Haven't had a 6mm in a while so when this became available..........

well, you know the drill.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Nice!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Congrats with the new edition to the family! How much does she weigh? Wink

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott........

sans scope

with mount and 3 x 9 scope

I think I'm most impressed with the trigger. One of the best I've ever experienced overall. I've had lighter, but maybe not better.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
nice!!!!

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

Posts: 99 | Location: United States windber, pa | Registered: 16 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Really nice. Love the short length.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Gdub,
This isn't your first R93 is it?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now there's a man who knows fine rifles :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:
Gdub,
This isn't your first R93 is it?

Yes sir, it is.

Early on I went the quantity vs. quality route.
Until a couple years ago I had no desire for rifles such as Luxus, Merkel or Blaser, preferring heavy barreled beanfield types. Not sure whether is was 'orneryness or ignorance, probably a major helping of both.

Another factor, most of the rifles I buy are pre-enjoyed and I am patient, trying to buy them at around 60% of MSRP or better. Blasers at that price point or lower have been few and far between from my experience.

However I've decided it will not be the last.
My next project will be to acquire a 30-06 barrel and magazine for the r93, or if my ship comes in, to find an Octagonal barreled K95 in 30-06 such as the one Biebs sold on BlaserBuds.
Got an investment property closing in November if all works right. May treat myself if I can find the right deal.

Best,

GWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jee-W,

Very nice rifle the way you've set that one up!

You do realize though that you're headed for the Swamp?

In 1999 I had a similar itch after the initial R93 in .30/06 Sprg.; then I thought why not add a .222 Remington barrel for some versitility?

Two stocks, 9 barrels, 11 scope mounts, right & left handed bolt carriers, 6 bolt heads (3 right/3 left) & 2 rifle cases (double & single) later I'm still paging through the Blaser catalog to ensure I've got all the bases covered.

Big Grin

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your lead is inspiring. I should only hope to be so fortunate as to follow.

Best,

GWB

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
GWB,
These guys are right. The Blaser will infect your judgement and force you to purchase additional barrels, scope mount and such. Don't ask me how I know this. Big Grin

I own 2 R93's, 2 K95's and, for good measure, an R8.
THE best triggers I've ever used or seen on a production rifle.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah
I am Blaser proof.

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:
GWB,
These guys are right. The Blaser will infect your judgement and force you to purchase additional barrels, scope mount and such. Don't ask me how I know this. Big Grin

I own 2 R93's, 2 K95's and, for good measure, an R8.
THE best triggers I've ever used or seen on a production rifle.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Gdub - Fine LOOKING rifle but it seems to be shooting consistantly left and lower than normal rifles. I'd be glad to take it off your hands on the cheap to see if I could work the problem out of it. Wink

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote