THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Sierra .204 32 grain Blitzking bullets

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra .204 32 grain Blitzking bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone been able to acquire any of the Sierra 32 grainers? I managed to get my hands on quite a few of these, but I cannot get them to stabilize in my Rem 700 with Pac-Nor 26" 13" twist SS Match barrel. About every 4th to 6th shot I get the completely sideways bullet going through the target. Sure cuts a nice design of the bullet. I can use Berger 35's with the same powder chg, point first every time. I have cleaned the barrel very thoroughly, even looked down it with a HAWKEYE, barrel finish is not the culprit. I have called Sierra, they have not heard of this. I shoot these in the XR100 in .204, but with a 12" twist, no problem. The 13" is fast enough for the 32 grain. I am just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? I have slowed the bullets down, and speed'd them up, problem is JUST there.

Any ideas?

Posts: 70 | Location: Sw of Dodge City | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent...

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several boxes and have used a few. No problems in a 1-12 twist at all. very very accurate too.......

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. I did forget to mention that these are very accurate bullets. When I can get a group that does not keyhole, they are one-holers. The XR100 shoots these as well as the Berger 30's and 35's. No keyholing with 1/12.

BB

Posts: 70 | Location: Sw of Dodge City | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote