New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 K-Hornet Ammo Carrier
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Grateful for suggestions on where to find a belt slide or folding carrier for .22 k-Hornet ammunition. Have looked at Midway, but the descriptions are not specific enough.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep all of my K-Hornets fed via 50rd MTM's slated for same. That in conjunction with extra mags loaded for same,save my 54.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I'll be walking in the bush and need something to put on my belt...

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thus the appeal of the 77/22 punched "K",bobbed to 20" and an extry mag thrown in the fray.

I'm pretty hard on riggin' and few chamberings are as frail as the Hornet and it's spawn,so I'm dubious of lesser means of transport...even for shits & giggles.

Though I'm never not wearing a pack of some sort and the MTM's are far from obtrusive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could carry a Hornet detachable magazine for the 77/22H (or any rifle), in a speedloader pouch. Feed them one at a time into your hand to reload your rifle.

Bruce

Posts: 217 | Location: SW WA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their length would mandate a fair sized pouch. Depending upon the pursuit,I either carry an extra mag or mags in a coat pocket or a pack.

If not both.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Carney:
... where to find a belt slide or folding carrier for .22 k-Hornet ammunition. ...
Hey Tim, I've wanted the same thing for many years. The only people that "used to" make them (that I was aware of) were Uncle Mike's and maybe Kolpins.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was going through Wal-Mart and spotted some Crosman Pellet Pouches on "Close Out". They were apparently $3 on the shelf, but I'd never noticed them. If I had, I'd have gotten a couple then.

Ended up getting them for $0.50 each. Eeker However, at that HUGE price, they are Designed extremely well. They have a Velcro Flap that goes over your belt, so you do not need to take your belt off in order to use it.

And a Velcro attachment for where the Pouch closes. There are two side Gussets inside the Pouch to prevent Pellets from falling out if you are sitting next to a tree when you open it.

But, they are BIG enough to hold Belted Magnum cartridges. So one of them would serve you well.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Have ordered some things, including one of the MTM ammo wallets. We'll see...

Regards

One of Us
posted Hide Post
have a look at these. they make cartridge belts for 22ht etc.
http://www.dingogunproducts.com.au

Posts: 110 | Location: sydney australia | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks HN, I'll contact those folks once back from Namibia.

Regards, Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know how well you like the MTM. And best of luck on the Namibia Hunt. tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote