New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heavy Bullets in the 260?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has any body used 156gr or the 160 grain bullets in their 260 Remingtons?

I am not asking how they work on game but do they shoot worth a darn in the factory twists?

Aren't the 260s rifled a bit slower than the 6.5x55s?

Posts: 62 | Location: MN | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot the 160 grain Hornady in my 260 Ruger. It has a one in 8 twist. I use a load of H 1000 and it does about 2550 to 2600 fps. It is very accurate, although the combo has not struck hide yet.

Although I would not question the terminal performance.

Just wish Hornady would re introduce the old 129 and 140 grain Round Noses they had once upon a time. But most people think Round Noses are UN COOL., so they don't sell.
That alone proves to me how many people don't know what they are talking about in a game performance bullet.
( That last comment ought to start the fireworks. Before anyone starts the slander, I just want them to know, I don't own a dog and my mother is deceased, so they can leave them out of the insults., LoL.)

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arky65
posted Hide Post
i guess i should covet the 30 or so 129 hornady i have left.
someone gave them to me years ago. i have shot them and they were hunting accurate. i did not know they had been discontinued. seafire thanks again on the stock advice.

arky65

Posts: 245 | Location: arkansas/louisiana | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
I've loaded the Hornady 160 RNs in my Remington Model Seven in .260 Rem, and they shot accurately at around 2350 fps. No sign of keyholing or other instability.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats the answer I'm lookin for!

Thanks Much

Posts: 62 | Location: MN | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote