THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    What is fair market price for

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is fair market price for
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A Charles Daley Mini mauser. Rifle is in good shape but has a broken extractor. I want one to build a custom on. A buddy has it. We are looking for a price we can both live with.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
any gun I had to repair and in used condition $175 tops.
On another note blue book list used good condition 60% at $170, 90% at $230, 100% at$345 for a field grade
For superior grade add about $50 to each value above add$30 for 223 cal.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The way to fairly value the gun is to ask what is it worth with the extractor repaired and what will the repair cost. The latter subtracted from the former equals its fair market value.

How is the extractor broken? If it is just the hook itself, that's an easy, non-gunsmith fix that only costs the part itself, which should be readily available either from CD or from Remington now that they are importing the Zastava line.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd scoop it up at $250, but I'd make a couple of phone calls to make sure the extractor is available first.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CD has no parts available and neither does Remington. Hopefully Rem will in the future, but don't count on finding one easily. I've heard of a couple people looking for a replacement extactor. One's been looking for over a year.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote