New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem LVSF
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,
This is my first post on this site it looks really good.
Q. I am considering purchasing a new Rem LVSF in 22-250. Saw one for the first time last week. Don't know how long they have been around ,therefore are they any good? (I have never owned a Remington always tikka/sako), Do they need much after sales work. I didn't really like the Loading/unloading set up, I assume this is to stiffen the stock? but I sure I could get used to it.
I have a tikka t3 lite stainless for deer in 6.5x55 and I am very happy with it. I don't want the 22-250 in the classic heavy barrel guise because I want to put a Nightforce, bipod +/- Moderator and want to be able to carry it all around. I have not put a deposit on it, so I am open to other suggestions. Thanks Dave Smiler Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have that model but Rem 700s shoot good and all you need to do is glass the bed.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own a Ruger M77 in 22-250 and I love it.
the only thing bad with the M77's they do tend to walk after 10 or so shots.so if you plan to shoot in susession cool down periods are a must for accuracy.
Remington.com has a gun model history tab . It will tell you how long any of their models has been around....hope I could help.

Posts: 96 | Location: central missouri | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the LVSF 22-250 and it was lights out. Out of the box with my handloads it was .75MOA. I had it about a year and then traded it for a LVSF 7mm-08 (Special Run Gun). Its a heck of a gun also and wouldn't trade it or sell it, UNLESS I COULD MAKE A TON OF MONEY ON IT. I would say get it and enjoy...

Posts: 199 | Location: D/FW Texas | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased one .223 and really like it. My only observations are (1) if it is like mine, it will need a trigger job to lighten the pull and (2) I question the usefulness of a .22-250 with a 22" barrel. I would speculate that you will lose a fair bit of velocity on .22-250 out of that short a barrel.

Regards,

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really rather depends upon what you want to do with it, but, we've 'had' two LVSFs. One in 204 and the other in 221. Both rifles had good barrels and were accurate once free floated. The 204 is particularly good, averaging around .4 moa. The blind magazine sucks, and both of our rifles now have BDL lower metal. The LVSF stock is nice. Light, comfortable, and quite rigid.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the 22/250, and have just sold my VSSF.

Posts: 106 | Location: Oz..... | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they need much after sales work.

Yes, they do need alittle. First off you'll need to adjust the trigger. The Trigger is real easy to get to a safe pull weight of around 2.5lbs. It's also adjustable for overtravel and creep.

I personally do not like the cheap stock that is on the LVSF rifles. The last one I worked on was a 308Win. It had a crooked recoil lug pit. I removed the hidious pressure points at the end of the forearm as well as opened the entire barrel channel to give the barrel around a 1/16" free float. Then I had to bed the action.

After those mods the rifle was a sub MOA shooter and the owner is very pleased w/ it so far.

You need to shoot it as is first before doing any mods. It may be a tack driver just as it is from the factory.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I have one on order in 221, but plan to re-chamber to 223 AI. Was also planning on using it for a donor for a project for myself, but decided it'll make a fine first centerfire for my daughter.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had a problem with the stock or anything on my gun. From Remington site, "You can trace Remington’s dedication to the varmint hunter back to 1967 – the year the Model 700™ BDL™ “Varmint Special†was introduced. Since then, Remington has been an industry leader in varmint rifle technology, bringing you its greatest innovations. It has always been a priority for Remington to listen, and respond to the needs of serious varmint hunters and benchrest shooters – and this gun proves it.

With deadly accuracy and swift handling, the Model 700 LV SF, is redefining the predator hunt. Based on the reliable Model 700 action, the Model 700 LV SF weighs a mere 6.75 pounds and features a stainless steel, short action, pillar bedded receiver; a blind box magazine; and a jeweled bolt. The 22-inch clean stainless steel barrel has a medium contour (0.657" muzzle O.D.) and is fluted to reduce overall weight and increase heat dissipation. Adding to the weight reduction is a custom designed, black Bell & Carlson composite stock featuring a semi-beavertail fore-end, swivel studs, and a recoil reducing, R3® recoil pad with Limbsaver® patented technology."

Posts: 199 | Location: D/FW Texas | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With Quote