New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 22 Long?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
If I remember, the overall length is different, as has been posted. What I would do is sand off the tips of 22LR bullets to get them shorter. If it weren't midnight here and me having to go to work early I'd look it up, but it will be there somewhere. Find out the length they need to be, cut a block of wood to that length, then drill a hole in it. Clamp it flush with a belt sander and just push the bullets in and it should get them all to the same lenght, which should let them feed properly.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 22 CB Long is the same(low powered) round as the CB Short except for the long rifle case. The idea being that the long-rifle case will feed better then the short case in clip magazines. I shoot alot of CBs and the short is more accurate in both my M69 Win. boltgun and my M61 Win. pump.

With the CBs I have killed skunks, feral housecats, and rabbits out to 35yds. with chest shots. They are great for starlings. Pedro

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody. I have sent my friend a copy of this web page.

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. Ordinary .22 long ammo is a bit hard to get, but it still exists (CCI as only remaining manufaturer; listed on their website). It uses the shorter 29 grains bullet, and both normal and HV varieties exist(ed).

The .22 long preceded the .22 long rifle by a couple of years. There also exist handguns which have been chambered *only* for the .22 long, the most most famous being the tiny old Smith & Wesson "Ladysmith" (M-frame).

2. The .22 CB is the US moniker for the otherwise better know .22 "Z" loads, which every major manufacturer offers. While termed indoor ammo, they are deadly enough, and accurate up to 15 metres. They are loaded only with a strong priming charge, not with powder, and they leave a lot of dirt and residue in the barrel.

3. The shorter .22 BBs (the primer-only version of the .22 short) and the ancestor of them all, the tiny 6mm Flobert can also be used.

Regards,

Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a kid I used to shoot CB & BB cap made by Folbert. They came in a little round tin with a green and yellow label.
Are they still made and are they available in the U.S.?

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote