THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Ruger No.1 IN 6.5x55 Swede................

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No.1 IN 6.5x55 Swede................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found a dealer with 3 on the shelf. I just got back with one. Its the light sporter, stainless, with EXCELLANT walnut, open sights.

The other 2 had wood as good as mine, it was really hard to pick one.

This is a run of only 250 rifles from Lipseys. A great rifle in a great round ! Whats not to like....................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dare we hope it is a 26" barrel?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its 21 inches measured from the receiver to the muzzle. I don't think I have ever seen a 26 incher on the lightweight sporter, did they ever make them ?

The rifle handles like a dream now..........I dunno, would that be too much weight out front ?

In any event I am one happy sumbitch dancing......................JJ

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would appreciate the name of the dealer. I have been hoping for years Ruger would make one in 6.5x55. Thanks!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats...I always wondered why Ruger did not atke advantage of the #1's short OAL and hang a longer barrel on them. A little extra velocity, and you can easily make them shorter...the other direction is very tedious!
jumping

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently Lipseys ordered 250 of these rifles. They are receiving them from Ruger slowly and in fact when my dealer called at noon did not have any. Two hours later they called back and said a few came in this afternoon. Yes, one is going to be living in Pittsburgh. I can't wait to try it out. If you have interest, have your dealer contact Lipseys. I don't know if thjey will sell direct but a phone call will answer that. If you do a search on Lipseys web page for 6.5x55 a pretty good descriptive page comes up. Don't you just love number 1 rifles!! dancing

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd love to see an RSI streched to 24" in that caliber.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As of Sunday Chuck Boggs had 2 left. His # is 304-344-1900.......................JJ

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Was on this months ago, then sizzle waned when I heard the price. What did yours run?

Was under impression the bbl was to be 22 inches? Handy yes, would a few more inches give more speed and be quieter....yes. 23-25 would be what I would build one at in the Swede, but Ruger never asked.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My gun arrived today and was beautiful. Great piece of wood with a big nick in the comb! Yuk!!!
Replacement is on the way and my fingers are crossed.
6.5BR: I paid $875 for mine.

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
I think that was the price quoted before markup/tax.

Was that out the door price?

If you can post pics, love to see them, better yet when you get ranges test done, love to hear, based on my experience on recently mfg #1's, I would expect easily sub-moa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$875 is my "out the door" price. The dealer is a close friend so I may be getting a great deal and not realize it.

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
I believe you did get a good deal. Thanks and I hope the replacement has better wood, and shoots well. Sure it will. Let us hear, thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wood is OK but forend has about a 1/16 inch gap between wood and metal. I think it's going back to Ruger for correction. Is anything ever easy? killpc

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Fit and Finish on my #1's were all great, 4 total. Wood could have been better grade, but you pay for better wood since apparently it's harder to find.

3 of the four shot sub moa out of the box. I suspect you will be pleased in the end. Ruger service the few times I have used them, was great.