Find
Notify
Tools

What's your 6mm Rem load
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted
I thought I would try some Berger 80 gr. for coyotes so far Vaeget or RL 22 doesn't do well in my rifle. H4350 or RL 19 is next up. Does anyone have a load for this bullet? I'm shooting a Rem 700 BDL with 22" barrel.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a 6mm in the varmint barrell. I use the 100 grain bullet. I am afraid from the home computer now so afraid to say how much powder.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 607 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tested 15 different powders with the 75 grain Hornady HP.. almost all, except H 4895 were definitely minute of prairie dog shooters out to 400 yds...

however the last powder was the best... as it was benchrest quality...47.5 grains of H 414...

It was a one hole shooter, when I did my part...
I also tried the load with 80 grain Winchester HPs and Nosler Ballistic Tips in 80 grains...same results..

Rifle, Rem 700 Long Action ADL, 24 inch heavy magnum contour PacNor barrel, one in 7.5 twist..

Long throated, my MV clocked at about 3675 to 3700 fps with the 75 grain Hornady HP...

work up if you try it, yadda yadda yadda, etc..

good luck,
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote