THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    I picked up a new scope for my 12F today...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I picked up a new scope for my 12F today...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted
I've had some real issues with my Burris blackdiamond 8-32x, and I'd been looking real hard at the Nightforce's BR's. I tried to order one last week to be told the BR model wasn't offered in the reticle I wanted.

Bummer.

Then today, I was at Bruno's Shooters Supply in N. Phoenix, and there it was, on the shelf! The VERY model scope I wanted, with the reticle in it that they said I couldn't have.

So I bought it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to tell my wife...

sofa

I may need a place to sleep for a while.

Eeker

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Maybe she won't notice? Cool

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle you have on that scope!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife seems to think that scopes are cheaper than rifles; I try not to disabuse her of this notion.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slim,

Good looking combo. Never looked thru a Nightforce but hear good things about them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
and what caliber are you shooting ?
...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Thomas,

It's a 6.5 x 284 Norma.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
So you bench shoot right off the kitchen table?

that must be convenient...especially on rainy days..

bet you do so when the wife is out of the house tho...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A remarkable combo; let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am curious about the issues you have had with your Burris Blackdiamond. I have a BD 6-24X50 with the ballistic Mil-dot reticle for a few years and have had zero problems with it, whether mounted on the 204ruger or a 264Win Mag. It is the clearest piece of glass I have ever looked through but haven't looked through a Nightforce.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
I have had my 12-42 with the CH-2 for over a year--

Perfect

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
seafire,

LOL.

It never rains in Phoenix.

Luckyd,

I believe there is a lense out of alignment in my scope. I have no problem getting the reticle clear, it's the parallax that's the issue. It won't adjust out over about 16 to 18x, and the target is blurry over that mag too.

My 6-18x Nikon buckmaster is all over it for clarity at the same power, comparing at 12x through 18x. There's something wrong inside this particular Burris scope. I have other Burris scopes without this same problem.

At 24x and above, the scope is unusable in my opinion, and you will give yourself a headache very quickly trying to use it at a range session.

It needs to go back to Burris, but right now I've loaned it out to a buddy who's scope-poor at the moment.

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Great cartridge! Great scope!

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet that thing shoots !
Like to hear about it...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If a man buys a scope and does not tell his wife, did he really buy a scope bewildered Confused

Great looking rig Cool

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote