Find
Notify
Tools

541S Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any comments on this upscale .22?

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 541t that I really enjoy. It is quite accurate and enjoyable to shoot.

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They don't get any better than this. Until the rimfire boys started shooting "Custom" RIFLES in the sporter class this was the one to beat.
Im almost positive that the record was held by one of these from the Winchester Va. area.

"Today is the 1st Day, of the Rest of Your Life"

Posts: 160 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dogcat, et al,

Anybody know where to get a decent magazine for a 541T, beside the factory plastic junk?

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law has had a 541s forever. Shoots fantastic. I finally found a 541T-HB last year year. Shoots great too.

I can still find magazines on the store selves around here. Midway or Brownells should have plenty too.

You might try a search of RimfireCentral.com or even E-bay

Posts: 139 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
I think your stuck with the plastic magazine. I've got a 581, cheap sister to the 541. I've looked for a steel magazine option and apparently there isn't one.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
uh ha - but kimbers have nice steel mags plus you get a nicer rifle Cool

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butchloc, Nicer rifle??? Maybe in the eyes of the beholder!! But the original 541-S customs were classic little 22's!!! Usually great wood, exceptional bluing.....not to mention they shot pretty darn good also!!! I have one that I bought brand new, have the box, papers and all that came with it. It wears a Leupold 3x9x33 Compact and shoots pretty darn good even with the cheapo plastic magazines! Never had a fail to feed yet!! And it's eaten a few boxes of ammo!! It only gets brought out once or twice a year anymore, just for reminicsing!! I did manage to buy a 581, in the box back in June 2005 that without a doubt isn't as flashy as the 541 but will shoot as well or better than the 541 did or will!! But I can carry that 581 and not feel quite as uncomfortable as when carrying the 541 in the squirrel woods!! Both of these rifles absolutely love the CCI 22 Short HP!! The 581 wears a 4-12 Burris Compact. I have yet to hear of a purchaser of the new model 504(at least in my area) that has been pleased!!!! The 541's and 581's were classic shooters!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a new 541S many years ago now and it shoots really sweet and accurate. It has really nice wood in it and they even did some nice scroll work on the receiver. It has never been anywhere except to the range and looks like the day that I bought it.
The only way that I would part with it is a swap for a 375 H&H in very nice condition MAYBE.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought my 541-S about 14 years ago at a gun show. It is one of those classic rifles that everybody wonders why Remington stopped making them. As with the others, mine is surprisingly accurate, beautifully styled, and worth substantially more than I paid for it. This is one that will never be traded. My kids are getting it for sure.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote