New
Find
Notify
Tools

17 HeBee
 Login/Join

<BLH>
posted
I just traded for a HeBee and need some load data.
Thanks
Brooks

<George Capriola>
posted
Brooks,
There's an excellent article in the Winter 2000 edition of Small Caliber News on the .17 Hebee by Jim Saubier. You can visit his website at www.saubier.com/smallcaliber/ and find load data and more about the Hebee.
Regards, George.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brooks,

Which 17 HeBee rifle did you get?

17's-R-US!!
Kevin Gullette

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
<BLH>
posted
Thanks George. I have all the SCN issues and have read the one you suggest. Just looking for more info. My wife says Todd ain't the last word so thought I would see what you guys had.
Brooks

<jim saubier>
posted
I have shot the hebee a decent amount since the article but haven't found a better load than with the max of Reloder 7 or n130. Those loads are on my site and in the article. I have heard of others that have had some good success with the H4198 but I haven't messed with it in the hebee - Todd had good success with the H4198 in his ackley bee. Also I intend to try some aa2200 that I have so much of.

I really like the 20 grain Starkes and the 22 grain Bergers. I look forward to trying some of Kindler's 23 grain boatails and I have some 22 grain Hammett's loaded now to try.

gotta love the Hebee. Thanks Dennis.

www.saubier.com/smallcaliber
------------------
jim

[This message has been edited by jim saubier (edited 07-12-2001).]

<BLH>
posted
Hey Thanks Jim,
Let me know how you do with the 2200 as I also have a lot of it. Where would you start with say a 20 grain bullet?
Thanks
Brooks

<Wildcat>
posted
if you go to www.woodchuckden.com you can buy a ggod manual called the sensational seventeens by todd kindler. it contains load data and essays on the more popular .17 cal wildcats and the .17 rem i believe.

------------------
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed !!