THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Need Load Data: .257 Bob, H/IMR 4350, Barnes 100gr. TSX

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Load Data: .257 Bob, H/IMR 4350, Barnes 100gr. TSX
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted
Hey Guys,

Can someone spot me a bit of load data for the .257 Bob? I need it for the following:

100gr. TSX
H4350 or IMR 4350 powder

I'm thinking it should be around 45gr.

(I misplaced my manual...checked all the usual spots. The Bar, the TV, the Bathroom. Damned manual seems to have walked off!)

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H4350 - Min. 36.0 gr. - Max 42.0 gr.
IMR 4350 - Min. 40.5 gr. - Max 44.5 gr.

.... right from the No. 4 manual.

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

thumb

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The load I use in my M77 Bob is 46gr. H4350, 100gr. TSX, CCI 200.

Work up to it. I've found that a lot of the recipes in the Barnes #4 are very conservative compared to others.

My above load is one that is recommended by John Barnsness both at 24hourcampfire.com and in an article he did last year either in Rifle or Handloader. It makes right at 3000fps out of my 22in. tube with no pressure signs and is very accurate.

David Walker

Edited to say: If I recall correctly, IMR4350 usually carries a slightly smaller charge than H4350. It's possible that akpls may have transposed his powders in his listing. Possibility.

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many manuals hold the Bob down on pressure. With modern rifles there is no need. It's the same case as the 6mm Rem that is loaded beyond 60k pressures. I use the 46-H4350 load with both hornady flat base and TSX 100s, no pressure signs and cases last a long time. A couple manuals out there that show +P loads for the Roberts, the Barnes isn't one of them.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote