New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot a deuce today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know there is nothing real special about this, but the rifle was interesting. It was a HB Sako 75 with a muzzle brake. Was a real odd sensation as I touched off the first shot, zero recoil. So I shot a few more rounds out of my friend new to him rifle. I shoot lots of small caliber rifles and the recoil is really not any kind of a factor, but this was to me, a unique experience. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jumping

Ya, I know the feeling ..... you're right; nothing special about the cartridge or the Brake but together I think they're too cool.

They're becoming quite fashionable here in Europe, too.

I'm having one installed on my Blaser R93 300 Weatherby barrel as we speak.

Shot a Buddie's .243, 270 Winchester & 6.8 SPC; all with Brakes, a sorta whole new sensation to shooting. The 243 & 270 could be compared to a 22-250 and the 6.8 would compare to well; almost Nothing as far as recoil was concerned.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
This little baby is unfortunately long gone, but is knocked over hundreds of foxes. With the can on the end, you could see the bullet strike and the fox buckle up...

Love the 222.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CD,
Sweet looking rig.
+1 on the Deuce tu2
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one a keeper and still knocking over the foxes Smiler

Posts: 58 | Location: Oslo,Norway | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote