THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    How to carry 22 Hornet bullets?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to carry 22 Hornet bullets?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Other than keeping them in a pocket. Looking for a way to carry them with the gun, Ruger #1. It has a Quake sling which has an optional bullet carrier but it looks like it is made for '06 bullets so I don't know how well it will hold them, guess we'll find out! Anyone else have a small pouch that fits on the sling they'd recommend or something? The elastic carriers that fit on the butt are all too big and the bullets won't stay in or else get lost inside.

I know someone somewhere has figured this one out!

TIA,

Mark

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try of the elastic style .22 or .22magnum belt holders , If they bunch up too much, try alternating them to every second hole.

Posts: 168 | Location: Kalgoorlie, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I load 40 gr V-Max pretty long (1.92"), but they will fit in a 35 mm film "can". It will hold 10-12 rounds and a little foam in the bottom of the "can" will keep them quiet.

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hello Mark: I have a black elastic slip-on butstock cartridge carrier that has a little pouch instead of cartrige spaces. I put a extra hornet cartridges in it and, since it is kind of flat, slip it in a side jacket pocket. I don't care for other than the simplest sling strap without additions. Regards, ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote